Biker events, scenic rides, racing, bike shows, concerts and the industry’s best power sports vendors
Daytona Beach, Fla., Sept. 19—The Daytona Beach 26th Annual Biketoberfest Rally October 18-21, 2018 celebrates the adventure and spirit of today’s motorcycle enthusiast with biker events, scenic rides, racing, bike shows, concerts and the industry’s best power sports vendors.
“Biketoberfest brings together an international gathering of riders who rally together to soak up the October sun, enjoy good company, and immerse themselves in the spirit of a destination that values originality,” said Lori Campbell Baker, Daytona Beach Area CVB executive director. “With venues stretching from iconic Main Street, Daytona International Speedway, Destination Daytona, Midtown, and points in between, the choices to experience the true art of the motorcycle industry are endless. Whether a rider or an enthusiastic spectator, we hope everyone comes to enjoy this year’s event!”
Daytona Beach is world famous for racing, its beach, its hospitality, and many unexpected delights on and off the road. Here are some highlights expected for this year’s event:
- Daytona Beach Racing & Card Club Lucky Poker Chip, Free Concert and Vendors—Get first dibs on the collectible 2018 Biketoberfest commemorative Lucky Poker Chip Thursday, Oct. 18 exclusively. (It will be available while supplies last at the Beach Street Welcome Tent Friday-Sunday, October 19-21.) Enjoy a free concert with the Journey tribute band Chain Reaction, Thursday, October 18, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Vendors, grand prize giveaway, giveaways, drink specials, 13 spectacular live action races and more. 960 South Williamson Boulevard, Daytona Beach. DaytonaGreyhound.com.
- Daytona International Speedway Marketplace, Bike Shows and Motorcycle Races—Visit the area’s largest motorcycle marketplace with the nation’s top aftermarket product Don’t forget to stop by Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley for the Baddest Bagger Bike Show presented by Bagger Nation on Friday, October 19, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or the annual Hot Leathers Fashion Show and Bikini Contest on Saturday, October 20, 1:00 p.m. Also on October 20, enter your bike into the GEICO Bike Show with Full Throttle Magazine which takes place next to Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Motorcycle races: Friday, October 19 to Sunday, October 21, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Tickets are $10 on Friday, $25 on Saturday and $25 on Sunday. Daily admission also includes access to the UNOH Fanzone, garages, infield and free parking! Fans can also purchase a three-day general admission ticket (October 19 – 21) for $50. Kids 12 and under are free all weekend. Friday kicks off with the Team Hammer Riding School and Saturday and Sunday features the Championship Cup Series (CCS) and the American Sportbike Racing Association competing on Daytona’s 3.51-mile road course. For tickets, call 1-800-PITSHOP or visit DaytonaInternationalSpeedway.com. 1801 West International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach.
- Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson / Bruce Rossmeyer’s Destination Daytona—Largest selection of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, apparel, parts and official licensed products, and largest selection of vendors outside the showroom plus shops, hotel, restaurant and bars. Live music and bike shows daily, including Harley-Davidson Demo Truck/Demo Rides Thursday, October 18 – Saturday, October 20, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Free “Kegs and Eggs” breakfast inside the showroom Thursday, October 18 – Sunday, October 21 at 9:00 a.m. while supplies last. Daily Brewtoberfest Beer Garden with fall beers on tap, food trucks and vendors in the Destination Daytona Pavilion with live music: Tru Adkins Friday, October 19, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Nirvana tribute band, Nirvanna, 6:00 p.m.; and several Tru Adkins and Hellzapoppin Freak Show performances throughout Saturday, October 20. followed by live music by Metropolis Rising. The Harley-Davidson Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) Pin Stop will also be inside the showroom. Showroom hours: Wednesday, October 17 – Saturday, October 20, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., and Sunday, October 21, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. 386. 671.7100. 1637 North U.S. Highway 1, Ormond Beach, BruceRossmeyer.com.
- Full Throttle Magazine Annual Boardwalk Bike Show– The 26th annual Biketoberfest Boardwalk Bike Show Friday, October 19 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. is one of the best shows at the beach. Visit this location to see one-of-a-kind, gorgeous bikes in a beautiful beachfront setting. Registration from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Show begins at 11:00 a.m. $500 to best in show and a FIN GPS System, 20 categories, 59 trophies. Winners announced at 4:00 p.m. Enter the Boardwalk Bike Show via special access at the cross street of Main Street and Ocean Avenue. 727.935.4875.
- FXRS, DYNAS and DONUTS at Donnie’s Donuts Saturday, October 20 with a ride out after. 386.944.9750. 200 East Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach.
- New Smyrna Speedway Sons of Speed Vintage Boardtrack Racing—Join thousands of motorcycle racing fans Friday, October 19 from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. for the sixth running of Sons of Speed, featuring vintage American racing motorcycles from 1910 to 1952. Cheer on 30 racing entrants, including local rider Shelly Rossmeyer-Pepe of Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson. 3939 State Road 44 (New Smyrna Speedway), New Smyrna Beach, Facebook.com/ChoppersInc.
- Ponce Inlet Lighthouse BiketoberfestEvents—Visit the lighthouse, tour the historical museums, learn about lighthouse life over 100 years ago and climb the largest lighthouse in Florida. An exhibit chronicling the history of Motorcycles on the Beach will be on display from noon – 2:00 p.m. during Biketoberfest. All activities are included with general admission, no reservations required. General admission $6.95 adults, $1.95 children age 2-11. Open 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Last admission sold at 5:00 p.m. 386.761.1821. 4931 South Peninsula Drive, Ponce Inlet, PonceInlet.org.
Biketoberfest Memorabilia & Sponsors
The commemorative Biketoberfest poker chip will be available exclusively at Daytona Beach Racing & Card Club on Thursday, October 18, and will be available at the Biketoberfest Welcome Tent Friday, Octpber 19-Sunday, October 21. The Welcome Tent will also have collectible pins for those who signed up for their Pin Pass in advance, along with free posters and pocket guides. Official merchandise can be purchased in advance here.
For the most up-to-date list of area-wide happenings, check out Biketoberfest.org.