Milwaukee, Aug. 30—That rumble growing in the distance can mean only one thing: Thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts are making their way to southeastern Wisconsin for the biggest party of the summer over Labor Day weekend. And beginning on Wednesday, Aug. 30, the H-D Museum campus will be rocking with free concerts from headliners like Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Jackyl and crowd favorites Hairball (among others).
But before the stage lights go up, the spotlight will shine on daily performances from Circus Una Motorcycle Thrill Show and Rhett Rotten’s Wall of Death. And while we will say goodbye to our special summer exhibit—“The Race of Gentlemen”—after Labor Day, the weekend’s activities will make sure this is one for the books.
Many of our friends and fans throughout the city, including the Wisconsin Center, the BMO Harris Bradley Center, the Corners of Brookfield, the Wisconsin DOT and more, will look to shine a welcoming light to all the riders as they turn their buildings and landmarks orange in support of Milwaukee’s most famous export.
Some highlights include:
- Free, live music on the H-D Museum campus, Wednesday through Sunday
- Wednesday, Aug. 30 (7:00 p.m.): Déjà vu
- Thursday, Sept. 1 (7:00 p.m.): Hairball with opener Shallow Side
- Friday, Sept. 2 (7:30 p.m.): Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band with opener Wayland
- Saturday, Sept. 3 (7:30 p.m.): Jackyl with opener The Dead Daisies
- Sunday, Sept. 4 (11:00 a.m.): Rachel Stacy with opener Mellencouger
- Harley-Davidson New Product Trailer (all-weekend long)
- Be among the first to throw a leg over Harley-Davidson’s new line of 2018 motorcycles, including the highly anticipated line of 115th Anniversary Models. This is the Motor Company’s largest-ever product launch, and this is a chance to be a part of history.
- Demo rides at Harley-Davidson’s Powertrain Operations
- If you’re itching to see what Harley-Davidson’s 2018 models can do on the road, head to the Powertrain Operations in Menomonee Falls for demo rides on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Open to the public Friday, Sept. 1 (9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.); Saturday, Sept. 2 (9:00 a.m.–5 p.m.) and Sunday (9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.)
- Ride-in Custom Bike Show
- Your bike is hot, show it off at the H-D Museum’s annual Custom Bike Show. Rolling sculptures will blanket the campus as builders compete for the coveted Willie G. Davidson Award
- Sunday, Sept. 3. Registration: 8:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. Judging: 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. Awards show: 4:00 p.m.)
Fans are invited to visit H-DMuseum.com to learn more about all the weekend’s activities.