MILWAUKEE, WI.—Harley-Davidson takes fit further with the 2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low and Ultra Limited Low motorcycles, new models that offer the lowest seat height and the highest rider confidence available in a premium touring bike. The seat is slammed to get a rider’s feet closer to the pavement, but that’s just one of the ergonomic enhancements built into these new Low models that offer more freedom to more riders, right off the showroom floor.
From the width of the primary drive housing to the diameter of the hand grips, Harley-Davidson went over its premium Touring motorcycles from top to bottom, responding to customer input to develop a better fit for riders as short as 5’5″ inches tall. Visually indistinguishable from standard Harley-Davidson Touring models, the new Ultra Classic Low and Ultra Limited Low are also equipped with the full complement of Project RUSHMORE features that have recalibrated the expectations of touring motorcyclists. The look, sound and feel of the premium Harley-Davidson Touring experience is unaltered, but the fit will be right for more riders.
“With these new models we are addressing the important issue of fit, perhaps the ultimate expression of personalization,” said Michelle Kumbier, Harley-Davidson senior vice president of Motorcycle Operations. “These Low models will allow many riders to feel more comfortable and more confident when they settle into the seat.”
The Ultra Classic Low and Ultra Limited Low share a package of features designed to work together to address comfort and fit issues specific to riders of shorter stature.
- A seat height of 25.6 inches—1.7 inches lower than the Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic model and the lowest of any premium touring motorcycle on the market today—allows more riders to place both feet flat on the ground when the motorcycle is stopped. A new low-profile seat reduces the reach to the foot controls. Premium front and rear suspension lowers the bike’s center of gravity and makes it easier to lift the motorcycle off its side stand, yet delivers outstanding comfort and handling.
- The width of both the primary drive housing and derby cover has been reduced to further improve leg clearance to the ground.
- A new handlebar places the hand controls two inches closer to the rider, putting many riders in a more comfortable position that can reduce back and shoulder strain.
- Smaller-diameter hand grips reduce finger reach to the brake and clutch levers.
- Assist and Slip hydraulic clutch reduces lever effort, a key benefit in stop-and-go traffic.
- A new passenger footboard mount allows the footboards to be folded up out of the way when pushing the motorcycle in a garage or driveway.
- A new toe tab extension reduces foot reach required to retract the side stand.
The 2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low sets the standard for long-haul touring comfort and convenience. The High Output Twin Cam 103 engine provides abundant power for touring two-up and confident passing. A wind tunnel-tested Batwing fairing with splitstream vent limits head buffeting. The Boom! Box 4.3 audio system features Bluetooth capability and a 25-watt-per-channel amplifier driving four speakers. A King Tour-Pak carrier and hard saddlebags with One-Touch latches, Reflex linked brakes with Anti-lock Braking System, Daymaker L.E.D. lighting, electronic cruise control, and the H-D Smart Security System are standard features.
The 2015 Ultra Limited Low redefines touring motorcycle refinement. The Twin-Cooled High Output Twin Cam 103 engine delivers steady performance in any riding situation. A Touch screen and GPS navigation are features of the 100-watt Boom! Box 6.5GT infotainment system. Contrast chrome Impeller cast-aluminum wheels, rich two-tone paint schemes, a premium Tour-Pak luggage rack, premium saddlebag travel bags and a premium Tour-Pak travel-pak are among the deluxe features of the Ultra Limited Low.