The Ride that Rocks gets twisted with Twisted Sister Frontman
Sturgis, SD (May 2, 2019) – The Buffalo Chip’s signature Legends Ride charity event taking place on Monday, Aug. 5, 2019 has long been the place to see and meet the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally’s top celebrities. This year, consummate heavy metal frontman Dee Snider of Twisted Sister will act as Ride Captain and lead the parade of celebrities, industry leaders and riders supporting local charities on the ride through the beautiful Black Hills. Additional celebrities joining the Legends Ride include Academy Award-nominated actor Tom Berenger, Star of HISTORY’s “Counting Cars” “Horny” Mike, and other Hollywood and moto-industry superstars. Those interested may find more information and make reservations at LegendsRide.com.
The kickoff gathering on Deadwood’s Main Street attracts hundreds of Rally goers for comradery and a charity auction. Several items of special interest including fine artwork, signed guitars and a custom motorcycle will be auctioned before the ride departs. Those who register for the ride are invited to line up their bikes, on a first-come, first-served basis on Deadwood’s Main Street beginning at 11 a.m. One hundred percent of rider fees from the event benefit the South Dakota Special Olympics Rapid City Flame’s Buffalo Chip Gym and the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum.
Since its inception the Sturgis Buffalo Chip has donated more than $750,000 to charitable organizations in the Black Hills.
“The Legends Ride is one of the most momentous events of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and we are honored that our friend and rock superstar, Dee Snider has agreed to lead the way,” said Rod Woodruff, Sturgis Buffalo Chip President. “Dee is joining a host of celebrities and industry superstars who will once again gather to support vital local charities. And on Tuesday night everyone who has had a chance to meet Dee at the Legends Ride can come out to the Chip and watch him rock the main stage as he opens for Disturbed.”
Legends Lunch Executive Celebrity Charity Event
Join Legends Ride Captain, Dee Snider for some one-on-one time and a gourmet lunch in one of Deadwood’s finest restaurants before attending Legends Ride events. The Legends Restaurant Executive Chef will be preparing a meal fit for superstars, all accompanied by wine or cocktails. The cost to attend the lunch is $300 per person. All proceeds benefit the Naja Shriners Patient Transportation Fund and the Sgt. Colton Levi Derr Foundation, a local organization assisting Veterans and fighting Veteran suicide.
Those who purchase passes to the Legends Lunch receive premium motorcycle parking beginning at 10:30 a.m. Reservations are very limited and must be made in advance. Call 605-347-9000 to reserve your seat and premium bike parking.
2019 Legends Ride Schedule
Monday, Aug. 5, Main Street Deadwood
- 10:30 a.m. – VIP bike parking for Legends Lunch attendees only
- 11:00 a.m. – Bike parking begins for Legends Ride participants
- 11:00 a.m. – Legends Lunch begins at the Historic Franklin Hotel’s Legends Restaurant (ticketed separately $300 per person)
- 1:00 p.m. – Lunch concludes
- 2:00 p.m. – Legends Ride auction on Deadwood’s Main Street (open to the public)
- 3:00 p.m. – Legends Ride departs for those who have purchased a Ride pass
- 5:00 p.m. – Ride arrives at the Buffalo Chip for a catered reception
- 7:15 p.m. – Concerts begin in the Buffalo Chip amphitheater featuring Collective Soul and headliner Styx (concert included for first 200 Legends Ride reservations) Reservations for the Legends Ride and Legends Lunch are sold separately and may be made at LegendsRide.com or by calling 605-347-9000.