MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — July 28, 2014 — Indian Motorcycle has announced the all-new 2015 Indian Roadmaster for the 2015 model year lineup. This new addition to the Indian Motorcycle family will make its public debut on August 2 at the 74th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and will be available for demo rides throughout the weeklong event, alongside the rest of the 2015 Indian Motorcycle lineup. More announcements regarding the 2015 range of Indian Motorcycle products will also be made on August 2nd.
Originally produced from 1947-1953, the Indian Roadmaster was widely recognised as one of America’s most reliable and comfortable touring bikes, and the all-new 2015 Roadmaster is destined to reclaim that honour. In keeping with its legendary namesake, the Roadmaster comes fully-loaded with premium features for comfort and convenience. Roadmaster is the ultimate statement motorcycle, a long distance tourer unmatched in luxury, featuring expansive storage capacity, class leading power and performance.
“It has truly been a privilege and an honour for our team to be a part of motorcycling history in designing and reintroducing the Roadmaster, which has such a legendary reputation as the king of luxury touring bikes,” said Steve Menneto, VP of Motorcycles for Polaris Industries. “The quality, craftsmanship, performance and standard feature set on this bike is simply unmatched in the luxury touring segment, and we look forward to sharing the 2015 Roadmaster and other exciting announcements with the global motorcycling community beginning August 2nd in Sturgis.”
The new Roadmaster was built from ground up for all-day touring comfort for rider and pillion, taking American luxury and comfort to a whole new level. It offers:
- Expansive, easy-access storage comprising nearly 143ltrs of weatherproof storage
- Dual, hard-sided saddlebags and a roomy quick-release, carpet-lined rear trunk — all featuring remote locking for security and convenience
- Enhanced rider ergonomics with increased legroom
- Adjustable passenger floorboards
- The Horizon Windscreen featuring power-adjust
- Genuine Leather Desert Tan heated seats with individual controls and high/low settings
- Heated grips featuring ten temperature settings
- Lower fairing with adjustable airflow
The 2015 Roadmaster also includes an extensive list of standard premium features:
- High-resolution Anti-Lock Brakes
- Chrome front and rear highway bars
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Keyless ignition
- Remote saddlebag and trunk locks
- Triple power ports
- Pathfinder LED Lighting throughout
- Electronic cruise control
- Advanced infotainment system offering communication, navigation, and telephone – and Pandora® Internet Radio integration in the US, Australia and New Zealand
- Bluetooth capability for hands-free multi-device connectivity
The 2015 Indian Roadmaster will arrive in dealerships outside the US late in 2014. It is available in Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red, and a two-tone Indian Motorcycle Red/Ivory Cream paint scheme. Sturgis Rally attendees can experience the Roadmaster by visiting the Indian Motorcycle exhibit at 3rd & Lazelle St., or taking a demo ride at the Indian Motorcycle Demo Experience, I-90 @ Exit 30. Visit the Indian Motorcycle Sturgis event page for details.