Model Heralds a New Era of Middleweight Capability, Performance, and Attitude from Harley-Davidson with New Revolution Max Engines
The Harley-Davidson Pan America is an all-new advanced adventure touring multi-purpose motorcycle equal parts campfire, wanderlust, and grit. The Pan America is a two-wheel multi-tool built to endure, designed to explore, and engineered for the unknown.
Powering the new Pan America is the new liquid-cooled 975cc and 1,250cc Revolution Max engine. Created to power a range of new Harley-Davidson models, the Revolution® Max is designed to offer flexible performance with a broad powerband that builds to a surge of high-RPM power. Minimizing weight and maximizing performance, the Revolution Max provides a narrow powertrain profile that is integrated into the motorcycle as a stressed member of the frame to enhance center of gravity and handling. The fully balanced powertrain has an internal counter balancer that mitigates primary engine vibration to enhance rider comfort and improve vehicle durability. Its design is bold and contoured, classic and contemporary, strong and svelte – a representation of Harley-Davidson performance and style.
Revolution Max 1250 Engine Performance Targets
- Displacement 1250cc
- More than 145 horsepower
- More than 90 ft. lbs. peak torque
Revolution Max Engine Technical Features
- Liquid-Cooled V-Twin Architecture
- Since 1909 the V-Twin engine has been the centerpiece for legendary Harley-Davidson motorcycles. This lineage continues into the middleweight performance space with the Revolution® Max engine.
- A 60-degree vee angle of the cylinders provides space for dual down draft throttle bodies that maximize air flow and increase performance.
- Liquid cooling maintains a controlled engine temperature for consistent performance in changing environmental and riding situations.
High Performance Development Collaboration – Braking and Tire
To optimize performance of the new Pan America, Harley-Davidson tapped into the expertise of world class component manufacturers to deliver bespoke solutions for braking and tire performance. For braking, Harley-Davidson collaborated with Brembo to create a new radial monoblock four-piston caliper that combines sharp edges with softer curves designed to create a style that complements the personality of the bike and delivers outstanding braking feel and capability.